from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stroke in certain sports, such as tennis, in which the ball is hit immediately after it bounces off the ground.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stroke, in ball sports, in which the ball is hit immediately after it bounces off the ground
- n. A delivery that bounces just short of the blockhole
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sending of the ball so that after touching the ground it flies towards the top of the wicket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tennis return made by hitting the ball immediately after it bounces
Sorry, no etymologies found.