from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flat rectangular tray or cart with carrying poles at each end, used in transporting loads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. frame, supported by poles, used for carrying things
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A frame or barrow, without a wheel, carried by hand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of litter or stretcher, sometimes flat, sometimes trough-shaped, with handles at each end, carried between two persons.
- n. In gunnery, a frame used to carry shot and shell.
- n. A wheel-barrow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rectangular frame with handles at both ends; carried by two people
hand + barrow (Wiktionary)