from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long, narrow foot, carried (that is, produced or extending) forward, as in dogs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long, narrow foot, carried (that is, produced or extending) forward; -- said of dogs.
- n. A tree (Ochroma Lagopus) of the West Indies, having the stamens united somewhat in the form of a hare's foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The foot of a hare; a foot resembling a hare's foot.
- n. A swift-footed person.
- n. The ptarmigan, or any species of the genus Lagopus: so called because the densely feathered feet resemble those of the hare. See first cut under grouse.
- n. A long, narrow foot, carried forward, such as is found in some dogs. V. Shaw, Book of the Dog.
- n. In botany: Same as avens.
- n. Same as hare's-foot, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. illegitimate son of Canute who seized the throne of England in 1037 (died in 1040)
hare + foot (Wiktionary)