from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a harmonic manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an harmonical manner; harmoniously.
- adv. In respect to harmony, as distinguished from melody.
- adv. In harmonical progression.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a harmonic manner; harmoniously; specifically, in music, in a manner suitable to the rules of harmony, as distinguished from melodically or rhythmically.
- In acoustics, by or in harmonics. See harmonic, n., 1.
- In mathematics, in a harmonic relation. Thus, two segments, AB, MN, of the same straight line are said to be harmonically situated when AM. BN + AN. BM = 0.
- In anatomy, so as to make a harmonia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with respect to harmony
Sorry, no etymologies found.