from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The manufacture of hats.
- n. Fabric used in making hats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of making hats; also, stuff for hats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The trade of a hatter.
- n. Material for hats.
- n. Working by one's self and without associates or helpers, specifically as practised in gold-mining in Australia; one who has everything ‘under his own hat.’ See hatter, 2.
hat + -ing (Wiktionary)