American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The leading establishments or designers for the creation of exclusive fashions.
- n. The creation of exclusive fashions.
- n. The fashions created.
- n. A common term for high fashion as produced in Paris and imitated in other fashion capitals such as New York, London, and Milan.
- n. The fashion houses or fashion designers that create exclusive and often trend-setting fashions
- n. Any unique stylish design made to order for wealthy and high-status clients.
- n. French fashion
- n. trend-setting fashions
- From French haute ("high, elegant") + couture ("sewing") (Wiktionary)
- French : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + couture, sewing. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“What I am really looking for is something more like a traditional "mullet" -- all business on top (Tom Ford) and a big old gay haute couture party down below (Olivier Theyskens).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘haute couture’.
These Vocabulary will learn adjectives that describe fashion choices and personal style in clothes.
This list is endorsed by the International Brotherhood of Mimes, Jerry Lewis, and the Society for the Propagation of French Stereotypes.
French words and phrases used by English speakers.
No rhyme or reason other than that I like the names. :-) For more flower fun, see these lists:
Rose words by mollusque
Rose varieties by mollusque
Tulip Names II: You Know ...
Words that I find are amazing
design, week days, music, photos, design, objets, freebies, webtools, cool sites, we-heart-it, logos, cute, widgets, best-sites, best-blog, blog, iloveblogging, new york, new york city, john lennon...
Looking for tweets for haute couture.