from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous often hairy plants of the genus Hieracium, having yellow or orange dandelionlike flower heads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any species of plant of the genus Hieracium and its segregate genus Pilosella, in the sunflower family (Asteraceae).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant of the genus Hieracium; -- so called from the ancient belief that birds of prey used its juice to strengthen their vision.
- n. A plant of the genus Senecio (Senecio hieracifolius).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Hieracium, natural order Compositæ, suborder Ligulifloræ (Cichoriaceæ), or lettuce family, a very large genus, especially numerous on the continent of Europe.
- n. A species of Senecio, S. hieracifolius. See Senecio.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Pilosella
- n. any of numerous often hairy plants of the genus Hieracium having yellow or orange flowers that resemble the dandelion
hawk + weed (Wiktionary)