from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cutting of grass and subsequently curing it to make hay as fodder for animals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The operation or work of cutting grass and curing it for hay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The mowing, curing, and housing of the haycrops; haying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cutting grass and curing it to make hay
- n. taking full advantage of an opportunity while it lasts
hay + making (Wiktionary)