American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A rack from which livestock feed.
- n. A rack fitted to a wagon for carrying hay.
- n. A wagon fitted with such a rack.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light framework of wood placed on an open wagon for the purpose of carrying bulky material, such as hay or straw.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A frame mounted on the running gear of a wagon, and used in hauling hay, straw, sheaves, etc.; -- called also
hay riggingand hay rig.
- n. a frame attached to a wagon to increase the amount of hay it can carry
- n. a rack that holds hay for feeding livestock
- hay + rack (Wiktionary)
“Also, I get extra credit for taking this baby picture because the hayrack is hung so high, it was a matter of standing on my tippy toes, holding the camera above my head and pushing the button.”
“Under a hayrack was a large child's cradle: it was of a remarkable size, having been made for twins.”
“Participants of the open house, held from 3 to 8 p.m., will have the opportunity to shop, eat, listen to live music and enjoy holiday activities such as hayrack rides, pictures with Santa and caroling.”
“And the customer * really* wanted that hayrack, but being a softie, she paid for it and said she would come back and get it once mother and baby (babies?) were gone.”
“I missed some of the details, but I think this mother dove was laying on eggs in the hayrack NEXT to the one with the egg —??”
“We had a customer yesterday who wanted to buy several hayrack plant hangers, and when Maria went to get them down, she found a little bird egg in one.”
“He too was still looking at the floor, kicking at some feed that had fallen from the hayrack.”
“Britain is full of restorers of old vardos and even places you can rent them (horse-drawn, no less) as holiday accomodation, complete with traditional bed-cupboard, tiny stove, and hayrack on the back for the horse.”
“The metal hayrack windowbox is planted with Japanese painted fern, Japanese blood grass, creeping jenny and sweet william.”
“I'ze ah gunna go lode up the hayrack and drive me trackter all the way to big ol' Dez Moan as soon as I'z dun plowin' the back fordy!”
‘hayrack’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for hayrack.