from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In agriculture, a form of harvester by which the heads are torn off from the standing grain. See reaping-machine.
- n. An apparatus for swaging up the heads of bolts or pins.
- n. A kind of lathe for forming and trimming the heads of casks.
- n. A press in which the heads of cartridges are shaped.
- n. A machine for making the heads of pins.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.