from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a diminished or defective sense of hearing, but not deaf; hard of hearing.
- adj. Completely incapable of hearing; deaf.
- n. Persons who are deficient in hearing or are deaf. Used with the: The hearing-impaired are provided with special services at school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having some degree of deafness; Hard of hearing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having a hearing impairment making hearing difficult; having a defective but functioning sense of hearing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a hearing loss
Sorry, no etymologies found.