from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metal with a specific gravity greater than about 5.0, especially one that is poisonous, such as lead or mercury.
- n. Music Very loud, brash rock music, often with shouted, violent lyrics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any metal that has a specific gravity greater than about 5, especially one, such as lead, that is poisonous and may be a hazard in the environment.
- n. A genre descended from rock music, characterized by massive sound, highly amplified distortion, and overall loudness, often with extended guitar solos, complex song structures, fast emphatic beats, and lyrics that involve violent or fantastic imagery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. large guns carrying balls of a large size; also, large balls for such guns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metal of relatively high density (specific gravity greater than about 5) or of high relative atomic weight (especially one that is poisonous like mercury or lead)
- n. loud and harsh sounding rock music with a strong beat; lyrics usually involve violent or fantastic imagery
Sorry, no etymologies found.