from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of volume equal to 100 liters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hectolitre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of liquids, containing a hundred liters; equal to a tenth of a cubic meter, nearly 261/2 gallons of wine measure, or 22.0097 imperial gallons. As a dry measure, it contains ten decaliters, or about 25/6 Winchester bushels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the metric system, a unit of capacity equal to 100 liters, 22.009 imperial gallons, or 26.4 United States gallons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters
hecto- + liter (Wiktionary)