from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. US spelling of hectometre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of length, equal to a hundred meters. It is equivalent to 328.09 feet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the metric system, a unit of length equal to 100 meters, or 328 feet 1 inch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of length equal to 100 meters
Sorry, no etymologies found.