American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The post to which a door or gate is hinged.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The outer post in the stall-partition of a stable.
- n. Nautical, the post which supports, at the outer end, the propelling-screw of a steam-vessel.
- n. The hanging-post or hanging-stile of a door.
- n. The quoin-post of the gate of a lock.
- n. nautical The post supporting the outer end of a propeller shaft.
- n. carpentry The post to which a gate or door is hinged.
- n. The quoin post of a lock gate.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Naut.) The post supporting the outer end of a propeller shaft.
- n. (Carp.) The post to which a gate or door is hinged.
- n. (Engineering) The quoin post of a lock gate.
- heel + post (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘heelpost’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for heelpost.