Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Photo-engraving, or a print obtained by this process; strictly, a photo-engraved metal plate. See heliotypy and photo-engraving. Also called helio-engraving.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The process of photographic engraving.
- n. A plate or picture made by the process of heliogravure.
- n. an intaglio print produced by gravure
- French héliogravure. (Wiktionary)
“When it came time to print what he had photographed, Dine chose heliogravure, the old style of printing favored by Alfred Stieglitz, Edward Curtis and Paul Strand, which gives photographs a warm tone and an almost hand-drawn look -- like Dine's etchings.”
“The Paris publishing-house of Welter undertook, in 1900, a heliogravure reproduction of it with”
“ It has since been published by Middleton himself in his _Remains of Ancient Rome_, vol.i. p. 275, fig. 35, from a heliogravure of the original.”
“The statue, reproduced here from a heliogravure, is life-sized, and represents a nude youth, of archaic type.”
“M.F. LENORM.NT has published in the _Gazette Archéologique_ (1878) a description of the pieces belonging to M. Schlumberger, with two plates in heliogravure.”
“Moreover, ninety-six heliogravure enlargements from the Paris Chart-plates, distributed in the same year, supplied a basis for the calculation that the entire Atlas of the sky, composed of similar sheets, will form a pile thirty feet high and two tons in weight! [”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heliogravure’.
Looking for tweets for heliogravure.