from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impetuously or recklessly determined to do or achieve something: was hell-bent on winning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of hellbent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. recklessly determined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Recklessly determined, without regard to consequences; determined to have or do at all hazards; resolved; “deadset”: as, he went hell-bent after it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. recklessly determined
Sorry, no etymologies found.