from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the blood or blood vessels.
- adj. Relating to or located on the side of the body that contains the heart and principal blood vessels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of haemal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to the blood or blood vessels; pertaining to, situated in the region of, or on the side with, the heart and great blood vessels; -- opposed to neural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of blood; sanguineous; bloody: as, the hemal fluid. Also hemic, hæmic.
- Pertaining to or connected with blood, blood-vessels, or blood-circulation; vascular; circulatory: as, the hemal system.
- Situated on the side of the body, with reference to the vertebral axis, which contains the heart and great blood-vessels; ventral: the opposite of neural.
- A median process of the hemal side of the body of a vertebra; a hypapophysis: a rare use.
- n. Same as hemal spine. Caudal with long neurals and hæmals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the blood vessels or blood
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Hemolymph nodes or glands and hemal nodes which are so abundant in some mammals are probably not present in man.
_Emciob noh hemal ɔeemal_, faulty orthography for _noh emel, ɔeemel_, the latter syncopated from _ɔeɔemel_.
Can ahau u kaba katun; emciob [178-3] noh hemal, [178-4] ɔeemal, u kabaob lae.
The first 14 caudals have associated hemal arches or chevron bones.
Backstage appleton wi homes for sale implosion makeover be your zaglossus, decisively utricularia, hemal chronoperates, nisi menziesia, yobibit particularization plaid, etc.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.