from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, resembling, containing, or acting on blood.
- n. A hematinic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, affecting or containing blood
- n. hematinic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as hæmatic.
- n. A medicine designed to improve the condition of the blood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and physiology, of or pertaining to, or occurring in, the blood; sanguineous; hemal.
- In medicine, effecting an improvement in the condition of the blood.
- n. A medicine which effects a change in the condition of the blood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or containing or affecting blood
Greek haimatikos, from haima, haimat-, blood.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)