from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various wormlike marine animals of the phylum Hemichordata, having a primitive notochord and gill slits.
- adj. Of or belonging to the phylum Hemichordata.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many marine worms, of the phylum Hemichordata, that have a primitive notochord
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of these animals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Partly chordate. as the anomalous genus Balanoglossus.
- n. A hemichordate animal.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.