from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Eurasian plant (Lamium amplexicaule) having toothed opposite leaves and small white or purplish-red flowers with two lips.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lamium amplexicaule, an annual plant with pink or purple flowers and deeply crenate leaves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A weed of the genus Lamium (Lamium amplexicaule) with deeply crenate leaves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A weed, Lamium amplexicaule, or dead-nettle, specifically called the greater henbit.
- n. The ivy-leafed speedwell, Veronica hederæfolia, specifically called the lesser or small henbit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Eurasian plant having toothed leaves and small two-lipped white or purplish-red flowers
hen + bit1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)