Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of seeking plants in the field; botanizing.
- n. The impression or figuration of plants in mineral substances.
- n. Also spelled herborisation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of herborizing.
- n. The figure of plants in minerals or fossils.
- French herborisation. (Wiktionary)
“We made a long herborization in a thick forest, extending beyond the Hato, and abounding in cedrelas, browneas, and fig-trees with nymphaea leaves.”
“We had already made one herborization in the temperate mountains of the Higuerote in the month of December, accompanying the capitan-general, Senor de”
“We returned from a very long herborization, and the painting was not half finished.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘herborization’.
how herb is used
I'm especially fond of ones written by Charles Sanders Peirce.
Looking for tweets for herborization.