from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to seek and classify new or previously known plant species
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To search for plants, or new species of plants, with a view to classifying them.
- transitive v. To form the figures of plants in; -- said in reference to minerals. See arborized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To search for plants for botanical purposes; botanize.
- To form the figures of plants in, as minerals. Also arborize.
- Also spelled herborise.
Sorry, no etymologies found.