from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having teeth of different types (like most mammals)
- n. A heterodont animal
- n. A North American snake of the genus Heterodon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the teeth differentiated into incisors, canines, and molars, as in man; -- opposed to homodont.
- n. Any animal with heterodont dentition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having different kinds of teeth; having the teeth differentiated into several distinct kinds, as incisors, canines, and molars: opposed to homodont.
- n. A heterodont animal.
- n. Same as heterodon, 2.
hetero- + -odont (Wiktionary)