from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of levers, in which the power and weight move in opposite directions
- adj. Spiralling in opposite directions on a stem or branch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having spirals of changing direction.
- adj. Moving in opposite directions; -- said of a lever, pulley, etc., in which the resistance and the actuating force are on opposite sides of the fulcrum or axis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Running or lying in different directions, as leaves on the stem and branches.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.