from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having unequal or differing parts within the same structure or similar structures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having different types or numbers of parts (within the same or similar structure)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Unrelated in chemical composition, though similar or indentical in certain other respects.
- adj. With the parts not corresponding in number.
- adj. Having the femoral artery developed as the principal artery of the leg; -- said of certain birds, as the cotingas and pipras.
- adj. Having five tarsal joints in the anterior and middle legs, but only four in the posterior pair, as the blister beetles and oil beetles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Diversiform; variously composed; having a heterologous composition; consisting of heteronomous parts.
Sorry, no etymologies found.