Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by heteroplasia.
- Dissimilar in structure, as different tissues of the body. Thus, nerve-tissue, muscle-tissue, and bone-tissue are heteroplastic with reference one to another.
- adj. pathology Of, or relating to heteroplasm
- adj. surgery Of a graft between individuals of different species
- adj. botany Of cells possessing plastids from two or more parent cells or organisms.
GNU Webster's 1913
“And in heteroplastic transplantation these diverge somewhat from those of the host.”
“Because the implant in this "heteroplastic" transplantation remains distinguishable for a fairly long time it is possible to test the interchangeability of those parts of the embryo which develop inwards during gastrulation.”
“In heteroplastic transplantations the results were different.”
“If the transplanted segment is from the same animal, or from another animal of the same kind, or from a different kind of animal, the transplantations are autoplastic, homoplastic or heteroplastic respectively.”
“As said earlier the induction effect is also possible with heteroplastic transplantation, i.e. between embryos of different species.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heteroplastic’.
List of words, mostly adjectives, that end in -plastic.
Ironic that in this list "plastic", contrary to its definition, remains fixed and immutable at the end of each word. Only the ac...
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for heteroplastic.