from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A white, red, or yellow zeolite mineral, CaO·Al2O3·6SiO2·5H2O.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common mineral of the zeolite group with monoclinic crystals, the most usual form being heulandite-Ca (Ca,Na)2-3Al3(Al,Si)2Si13O36·12H2O.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mineral of the Zeolite family, often occurring in amygdaloid, in foliated masses, and also in monoclinic crystals with pearly luster on the cleavage face. It is a hydrous silicate of alumina and lime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mineral belonging to the zeolite group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of minerals of the zeolite family consisting of a hydrous aluminum silicate of sodium and calcium
After Henry Heuland, 19th-century British mineralogist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Heuland + -ite after British mineral collector John Henry Heuland (1778-1856). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.