from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The easiest or surest path or course: the high road to happiness.
- n. The most positive, diplomatic, or ethical course.
- n. Chiefly British A main road; a highway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A main road or highway.
- n. A course of action which is honorable, dignified, or respectable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The most ethical and honest method; -- used mostly in the phrase to take the high road (as in an election campaign). Contrasted with low road.
Sorry, no etymologies found.