from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The easiest or surest path or course: the high road to happiness.
- n. The most positive, diplomatic, or ethical course.
- n. Chiefly British A main road; a highway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A main road or highway.
- n. A course of action which is honorable, dignified, or respectable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The most ethical and honest method; -- used mostly in the phrase to take the high road (as in an election campaign). Contrasted with low road.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.