American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A unit of liquid measure used by the ancient Hebrews, equal to about five liters.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A liquid measure of the ancient Egyptians and Hebrews. The Egyptian hin was certainly about 0.45 liter, or nearly one United States pint, as is shown by the weight and by numerous extant standards. The Hebrew hin was probably about 6 liters, or 1.6 United States gallons.
- n. An ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measurement, approximately 0.48 litre.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A Hebrew measure of liquids, containing three quarts, one pint, one gill, English measure.
- n. ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons
- From Middle English, from Latin hin, from Hebrew הִֽין, from Egyptian hnw ("jar, about half a liter"): (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Medieval Latin, from Greek, from Hebrew hîn, of Egyptian origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If I say, "Leg die Feder hin" (Lay the pen down)! there sounds in response a _feder hin_.”
“This idea also explains the intrusive -i- in the word hinθial 'spirit, ghost, shade' derived from the genitive of hinθ 'below, beneath, underneath' which we may now relate to an earlier form *hinθi.”
“View It » this whole thing is very disturbing, I am not against any type of religion but it should be very obvious that muslims cannot be trusted, One of those preachers calls hin an '' hero '' give me a break”
“Link to Urville. com, Link to a "Savant Profile" of TrÃ©hin from the Wisconsin Medical Society (via The Kircher Society)”
“The Talmud, an unrivaled word player, remembers that the word hin (measure) sounds a lot like the word hen (a word for "yes").”
“And a sharp, almost primitive need to call hin back again.”
“Winston Churchill hated Mahatma Gandhi and called hin half naked man.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hin’.
¡La única lista que también incluye flexiónes verbales y pluralizaciones! Ayúdame a encontrarlas todas.
(Por ser una lista para Scrabble, los dígrafos ll, rr, y ch valen como una sola ...
These are new words that I discover while playing android word games.
Looking for tweets for hin.