from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The posterior portion of a side of beef, lamb, veal, or mutton, including a hind leg and one or two ribs.
- n. The posterior part of a quadruped, adjacent to the hind legs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either rear half of a side of beef, mutton, veal, lamb or by extension from another edible mammal.
- n. The hind biped (leg) of a quadruped, or all body parts situated behind the hind legs' trunk-attachment.
- n. Human behind, butt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the back half of a side of meat, from about the twelfth rib back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the back half of a side of meat
Blend of hind and quarter (Wiktionary)