from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or making a hissing sound: badly recorded music that sounded hissy when played back.
- n. Chiefly Southern and South Midland U.S. See tantrum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Accompanied with hisses
- adj. Making a hissing sound
- adj. Childish or petulant (compare hissy fit)
- n. A tantrum, a fit
Short for hissy fit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)