from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Hey, hullo
- n. A cry of "hollo"
- v. To cry "hollo"
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. Ho there; stop; attend; hence, a loud cry or a call to attract attention; a halloo.
- intransitive v. To call out or exclaim; to halloo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ho there! hello! an exclamation to some one at a distance, in order to call attention, or in answer to one who hails: like halloo, holla, and hello, interj.
- To call out, cry out, or shout, in order to call attention, or in answer to some one who hails, or in play, or as an expression of pain.
- To urge or call by shouting.
- n. The cry “Hollo!”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. encourage somebody by crying hollo
- v. utter a sudden loud cry
- n. a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal)
- v. cry hollo
Sorry, no etymologies found.