from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Ecclesiastical The sacrament or rite of ordination. Often used in the plural.
- n. Ecclesiastical The rank of an ordained Christian minister or priest. Often used in the plural.
- n. Ecclesiastical See major order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually plural) the status or rank or office of a Christian clergyman in an ecclesiastical hierarchy
- n. the sacrament of ordination
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.