from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An objective toward which players of certain games, such as backgammon, progress.
- n. Baseball Home plate.
- n. A base of operations; a headquarters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Home plate.
- n. Headquarters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the base at which the batter stands when batting, and which is the last base to be reached in scoring a run.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually plural) the office that serves as the administrative center of an enterprise
- n. (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score
Sorry, no etymologies found.