from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball A hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the diamond and score a run.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A four-base hit, a homer
- n. The portion of a journey that ends at home
- n. A success; especially, a popular success.
- n. Sexual intercourse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a complete circuit of the bases made by the batter without being put out and without an error on the play; also, the hit on which the batter makes such a circuit; a four-base hit.
- n. See under Home.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal
- n. a base hit on which the batter scores a run
Sorry, no etymologies found.