from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chemistry A close similarity in the crystal forms of unlike compounds.
- n. Mathematics A continuous bijection between two figures whose inverse is also continuous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a continuous bijection from one topological space to another, with continuous inverse.
- n. a similarity in the crystal structure of unrelated compounds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A near similarity of crystalline forms between unlike chemical compounds. See isomorphism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Similarity in crystalline form, but not necessarily in chemical composition.
- n. Same as isomorphism.
- n. Also homeomorphism.
homeo- + -morphism (Wiktionary)