from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Spelt identically.
- adj. Employing a single and separate character to represent each sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Employing a single and separate character to represent each sound; -- said of certain methods of spelling words.
- adj. Possessing the property of homography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geometry, having the same anharmonic ratio or system of anharmonic ratios; capable of being brought into coincidence by a series of central projections upon planes; so related, as two figures, that to any point in one (without exception) only one point in the other corresponds, and vice versa, while to points situated in a line in either figure correspond collinear points in the other.
- In orthography, relating to homography; employing the same character at all times and in all circumstances to represent the same sound: as, a homographic alphabet.
- In philology, of or pertaining to homographs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.