from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being homonymous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being a homonym.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Sameness of name or designation; identity in relations.
- n. Sameness of name or designation of things or persons which are different; ambiguity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sameness of name with a difference of meaning; ambiguity; equivocation; specifically, in philology, the character of homonyms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relation between two words that are spelled the same way but differ in meaning or the relation between two words that are pronounced the same way but differ in meaning
Sorry, no etymologies found.