from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or exhibiting homoplasy.
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from a different individual of the same species: a homoplastic graft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to homoplasy.
- adj. Of, or relating to the transplantation of tissue between individuals of the same species.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to homoplasty
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In biology and botany, molded alike, or constructed in the same manner, but not having the same origin; analogical or adaptive, and not homological, in structure; homomorphous in texture: distinguished from homogenous or homogenetic. Also homoplasmic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.