from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A kind of melon (Cucumis melo) having a smooth whitish rind and green flesh. Also called winter melon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a melon with sweet green flesh and a smooth greenish-white rind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A type of winter melon (Cucumis melo inodorus) related to the muskmelon (Cucumis melo reticulatus), but having a smooth pale yellowish-green rind and sweet, juicy, light green flesh. It is slightly ovoid in shape, commonly about 8 to 10 inches long on the long axis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fruit of a variety of winter melon vine; a large smooth greenish-white melon with pale green flesh
- n. any of a variety of muskmelon vines having fruit with a smooth white rind and white or greenish flesh that does not have a musky smell
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.