from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See saurel.
- n. Any of several tunas or related fishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large fish; variously the Australian bonito (Sarda australis), the pilot fish (Naucrates ductor), or the jack mackerel (genus Trachurus).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See under Horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several fishes more or less nearly related to the mackerel.
- n. In Sydney, Australia, Auxis ramsayi, of the family Scombridæ; in New Zealand, Trachurus trachurus, which is the same fish as the horse-mackerel of England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a California food fish
- n. largest tuna; to 1500 pounds; of mostly temperate seas: feed in polar regions but breed in tropics
- n. large elongated compressed food fish of the Atlantic waters of Europe
Sorry, no etymologies found.