American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Canadian Slang A clumsy, boorish person, especially an uncouth, beer-drinking man.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English variant of hosier.
- n. Canada, slang Back when Hockey was played on frozen ponds and lakes the losers of the hockey game would have to hose the lakes to become clean, smooth ice. They were tagged "Hosers".
- n. Canada, slang A clumsy, boorish person, especially an uncouth, beer-drinking man.
- n. Canada, slang A person whose self interest often outweighs any ethical considerations.
- n. Canada, slang Not an overtly criminal individual, but one known to participate in petty infractions and rule bending. Example: A hoser would consume food or alcoholic beverages, typically pizza and beer, with complete disregard to ownership or sharing.
- From hose ("to siphon gasoline from automobile gas tanks"). (Wiktionary)
“Back in my day, a replacement term might have been "hoser".”
“They drank beer, called each other "hoser" and frequently injected "Eh?" into their conversations.”
“When the hoser father goes to look for her he is assaulted by a unconvincing rubber skeleton that pops out of the oven.”
“First of all the hoser with "21 three pointers" must be instantly omitted from consideration.”
“That one comment made you look like a real hoser to all the simpletons on this, what the heck is this place anyway?”
“For a bunch of hoser teenagers, this would be like winning Powerball.”
“Toronto-born twins Dean and Dan Caten have gained such a following with their label, DSquared2, in part because they take hoser and hockey culture and sex it up.”
“Nothing screams hoser like these charming beer cosies.”
“Further enlightenment on the term can be found at UD and by renting the definitive if overrated SCTV hoser comedy Strange Brew.”
“Lord Greybeard Keeper of the tealights, tamer of rats, hoser of the flagstones?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hoser’.
Words known to Canadians. These may not be understood by other North Americans, eh?
States of being
Trademark of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report.
Looking for tweets for hoser.