from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A traveler who stays at hostels.
- n. Archaic An innkeeper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who keeps a hostel or other place of accomodation, an innkeeper. A person in the hospitality industry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The keeper of a hostel or inn.
- n. A student in a hostel, or small unendowed collede in Oxford or Cambridge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An innkeeper.
- n. A student in a hostel at Oxford or Cambridge in England. See hostel, 2.
- n. Eccles., formerly, the monk who entertained the guests in a monastery.
Sorry, no etymologies found.