American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Physiology The uniform matrix of hyaline cartilage.
- n. Pathology A translucent product of some degenerative skin conditions.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chief nitrogenous constituent of hydatid cysts, containing about 5 per cent. of nitrogen. When boiled with sulphuric acid it is said to yield 50 per cent, of its weight of a dextrorotatory sugar.
- n. alternative spelling of hyaline.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a glassy translucent material that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions.
- n. a glassy translucent substance that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions
- Greek hualos, glass + -in. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hyalin’.
Words that sound like you're saying hi to a person.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Looking for tweets for hyalin.