from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Physiology The uniform matrix of hyaline cartilage.
- n. Pathology A translucent product of some degenerative skin conditions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hyaline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a glassy translucent material that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chief nitrogenous constituent of hydatid cysts, containing about 5 per cent. of nitrogen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a glassy translucent substance that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions
Greek hualos, glass + -in.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)