from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Accumulation of serous fluid in one or both pleural cavities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The presence of fluid in the pleural cavity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An accumulation of serous fluid in the cavity of the chest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, the presence of serous fluid in one or both pleural cavities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. accumulation of fluid in the pleural cavity (the space between the lungs and the walls of the chest) often resulting from disease of the heart or kidneys
Sorry, no etymologies found.