from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ability of a substance to attract and hold water molecules from the surrounding environment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of using the hygroscope.
- n. The art of making hygroscopes.
- n. The actual observation of the general condition of the atmosphere as to moistness or dryness.
- n. The art of making the presence of aqueous vapor apparent by some one of its visible effects, such as cloud, haze, change of color, change of form or shape, expansion, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.