from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Roman numeral representing ninety-nine (99).
- abbr. in this case.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An adjective termination of Latin or Greek origin, very common in adjectives taken from Latin or Greek, as in public, metallic, etc., and also much used in modern formations, as artistic, electric, etc.
- n. In chem., a suffix denoting a higher state of oxidation than the termination -ous, as ferric hydrate, distinguished from ferrous hydrate, phosphoric anhydrid, distinguished from phosphorous anhydrid, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of government agencies and organizations that carry out intelligence activities for the United States government; headed by the Director of Central Intelligence
- adj. being nine more than ninety
Sorry, no etymologies found.