from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Soaring too high for safety, like Icarus; adventurous in flight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Icarus, the son of Dædalus, who, to escape the wrath of Minos, is fabled in Greek legend to have fled from Crete with his father on wings fastened on with wax.
- Relating to Icarus or Icaria, now Nikaria, an island in the Icarian sea, near Samos.
- Of or relating to Icaria, a deme of Attica occupying a valley behind Pentelicus, noted as the home of Thespis, the reputed founder of Greek tragedy, and as the traditional birth-place of the drama and of the cult of Dionysus in Attica.
- Pertaining or relating to Icaria, an imaginary country where an ideally perfect communism prevailed, described in the work “Voyage to Icaria” (Voyage en Icarie), published by the French communist Etienne Cabet in 1840; pertaining or relating to the principles set forth in this work.
- n. An inhabitant of Icaria.
- n. A follower of the communist Cabet; a settler in an Icarian commune.
Sorry, no etymologies found.