from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cold period marked by episodes of extensive glaciation alternating with episodes of relative warmth.
- n. The most recent glacial period, which occurred during the Pleistocene Epoch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several cold periods in the history of the earth marked by episodes of extensive glaciation alternating with episodes of relative warmth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the glacial epoch or period. See under Glacial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any period of time during which glaciers covered a large part of the earth's surface
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.